Wednesday 26 March 2008

Shop thing.

After media today i went into the other media room to make a proper start on my double page spread, it went a bit better than how it did last time as this time it actually allowed me to put photos on and move them around, however i am still finding AppleWorks to be a pain in the posterior to use. In terms of text manipulation Macs are not the best put it that way.
How ever i managed to fit in my whole article somehow, my film strip photo strip into the bottom of the second page and as i found it impossible to make a decent title using AppleWorks i took to photoshop and attempted one there, as i did not have Sylvia's help it was a bit harder than normal but i got the hang of it... eventually.
I downloaded a font off 'dafont' and then used a brush on photoshop to create a blood splattered effect and then after much annoyance and frustration i put it into my double page spread. From there my double page spread looks pretty good i think, however i just need to change the colour scheme of the whole thing to a more black and purple one to suit the cover, this should pose a few problems with my red and white title however. I will have to change the red 'blood' to purple and put it on a black back ground.

Any way after all that i went home and upon arrival grabbed my camera and went straight back out again as i realised i only had 2 days left till the deadline and i couldn't post pone it for much longer so i took my magazine cover that i print ed out and went to the shops near my road and politely asked them if i could put the cover in their magazine stands and take a photo to see what the finished product actually looks like compared to others on the market.

Volia;



Annnnnd...



Finally...



As you can see my cover seems to stand out a bit more than the others as it looks less 'glossy' than the others and also it is not a magazine, its just a sheet of paper and there is just the one of it. But i also got to thinking about how our magazines are 'alternative' and unique and how that generally means they should stand out more as they are more bolder and 'different' to the usual magazines up, which could in turn show that we were in fact successful in creating a magazine that stands out due to its alternative nature.

I say 'magazines' as plural because as a group 'Alt.' have completed all our magazine front covers and they would in fact be up on the blog if it were not for the Mac computers internet constantly dying on us. So hopefully in the not too distant future, they will all be up soon enough.

- Alex x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the 'alt' needs to be bigger?